Cheesy taco stuffed peppers are a great way to switch up taco night! These stuffed peppers are easy to make and made in the air fryer! Cooking them in an air fryer cuts down on cooking time.
Air Fryer Cheesy Taco Stuffed Peppers
These cheesy taco stuffed bell peppers are a delicious twist on stuffed peppers! These are so good topped with all the taco toppings!
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp each of cumin, dried cilantro
1 diced onion
1 TBSP of minced garlic
1 10 oz can of Rotel
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups of beef broth
1 cup of long grain white rice (uncooked)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more for topping peppers
6 bell peppers
fresh chopped cilantro
How To Make
To start making these cheesy taco stuffed peppers, start by browning one pound of ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat with a little bit of olive oil.
Add in all of the seasonings: ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, and 1 teaspoon each of cumin and dried cilantro. Add one diced onion to the skillet and continue to cook until the meat is browned and the onion becomes translucent and soft.
Once the meat is cooked through, drain any excess grease from the skillet, then add 1 can of rotel, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 ½ cups of beef broth, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and stir.
Add 1 cup of uncooked rice to the skillet and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Once the rice is cooked, stir in one cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Placing the lid back on will help to melt the cheese!
To stuff the peppers, start by cutting the tops off of the bell peppers and cleaning out all the seeds.
Next, scoop spoonfuls of the ground beef and rice mixture inside the bell peppers.
Carefully place peppers inside your air fryer. Be sure to make sure they are all standing up so none of that delicious filling falls out.
The stuffed peppers will cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the peppers are cooked to your liking. In my air fryer I am able to fit 6 large bell peppers.
All air fryers cook differently, but in my air fryer these were perfect at right at 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on them so they don’t get too brown on top.
Top the stuffed peppers with a little bit more shredded cheddar cheese and cook for about 1 more minute to melt the cheese.
Once the stuffed bell peppers are cooked it’s time to eat! I topped these with chopped cilantro, sour cream, and hot sauce, but you can top them with any of your other favorite taco toppings! Enjoy!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Rinse your rice before adding it to the skillet.
Adjust the spice level of this recipe by lowering or increasing the cayenne if desired.
A freshly shredded block of cheddar cheese works best for this recipe but pre-shredded cheese can be used as well.
This ground beef and rice mixture makes enough to stuff more than 6 bell peppers. I only stuffed 6 and had enough to probably make 2-3 more.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each of cumin dried cilantro
- 1 diced onion
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more for topping peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet on medium high heat, add all seasonings, and the onion.
- Let that cook until beef is cooked through and onions have softened.
- Drain any grease from the skillet.
- Add Rotel, tomato sauce, minced garlic, beef broth, and uncooked rice to the skillet.
- Stir well, cover with a lid, and cook on medium low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cut the tops out of the bell peppers and clean out the inside. Add scoops of the cheesy rice mixture inside of each bell pepper.
- Cook stuffed peppers in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the peppers are cooked to your liking. Just keep an eye on them so they don't get too brown on top. In my air fryer they were perfect at right at 10 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to the tops of the stuffed peppers and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Serve and top with cilantro, sour cream, and hot sauce. Enjoy!