This dip has all the flavors of the viral Marry Me chicken dish!
Marry me chicken is one of our favorite meals in our family so I decided to turn it into a dip and it turned out amazing. We all went back for seconds and even thirds! If you’re a fan of the popular dish called Marry Me Chicken, you will love this recipe! This would be great to take as an appetizer to any party or get together and also works great in a Crockpot.
To make this delicious Marry Me Chicken Dip, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grease a deep baking dish with cooking spray. I used a 7×11” deep baking dish. Cook 4 pieces of bacon in a skillet on medium-low heat and chop into small pieces and set aside. I added 1 lb of cooked and shredded chicken breast to the dish and added in ½ cup of chicken broth. Next, add in ½ teaspoon each of pepper, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme. Then, I chopped ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes and added them to the dish. Next up, I added 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, ½ cup sour cream, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and an 8oz block of cream dish to the mixture. Stir everything together well to mix. Make sure to get the cream cheese spread out evenly.
Once everything is mixed well, bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. After 30 minutes, take the dip out of the oven and stir well. At this point, the cheese should be melted. I added in a little bit more of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, added 4 pieces of chopped cooked bacon and sprinkled more red pepper flakes on top of the dish. Place the dip back into the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
This Marry Me Chicken Dip comes out of the oven smelling so delicious! We serve this dip with pita chips, naan bread, tortilla chips, and crackers. However, we won’t judge if you eat it by the spoonful either! It really is THAT good! Make this dip the next time you have friends over and you won’t have any leftovers! If you want to use your Crockpot for this recipe instead of the oven, just mix everything together in the Crockpot on low for a couple of hours until everything is melted!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook your chicken ahead of time or you can use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Shredding your own cheese is preferred. It melts faster and can be creamier than store bought shredded cheese. However, store bought shredded cheese works just fine.
If you don’t want the spice from the red pepper flakes, simply omit.
Freshly cooked bacon is best in this recipe, but you can use bacon bits.
A crockpot can be used for this recipe if desired. Combine ingredients and cook on low for 2 hours until cheese is melted.
Members Mark naan bites are perfect to serve with this dip. We also really liked it with tortilla chips and crackers.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp each of pepper paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme
- 1/2 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese + more for topping
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese + more for topping
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon chopped
- spray a baking dish with cooking spray (I used a deep 7x11 baking dish)
- add chicken, chicken broth, and all seasonings
- add chopped sun dried tomatoes
- add minced garlic, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and block of cream cheese
- stir everything together well
- bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes
- take the dip out of the oven and stir well
- add a little bit more Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and chopped up bacon
- bake for about 10 more minutes
- serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or naan
- Enjoy!! Let me know if you try it out!
- This could also be put in the crock pot on low for a couple hours until everything is all melted!