BBQ Pork Chops in the crock pot
During the busy work week, my family is always relying on easy meals to make! These Crockpot BBQ Pork Chops are such an easy and delicious recipe that the whole family will love. Pork chops are an affordable cut of meat and they pair well with so many different sides! This is one of my favorite ways to make pork chops and it’s even better that you just throw everything in the Crockpot and forget about it! We tend to use our Crockpot the most in the colder months but this recipe is great year round!
To make these delicious and tender Crockpot BBQ pork chops, I start by getting my Crockpot out and turning it on low. Next, I seasoned each side of the pork chops with BBQ seasoning. We used about 5 boneless pork chops in this recipe. The seasoning I used was Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose seasoning. Add your pork chops to your Crockpot. Slice 1 red onion and add this on top of your pork chops. Next, it’s time to make the yummy sauce. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of BBQ sauce, 1 cup of rootbeer, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce. Pour this sauce all over the pork chops and red onions and cover with the lid.
Cook the pork chops on low for about 4 hours. You want to make sure they cook until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. A thicker pork chop may take a longer time to cook. After the pork chops are finished cooking, and about 30 minutes before dinnertime, I mixed up a cornstarch slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a little bit of the BBQ sauce mixture and poured this back into the Crockpot. This step is optional but it will help thicken up the sauce.
I like to serve these BBQ pork chops with creamy mashed potatoes and green beans. I have also served this on top of white rice. These also make great sandwiches! This can also be a great option for meal prepping for the busy week ahead. The BBQ sauce and root beer add a sweet component that takes this dish over the top! This dish always turns out amazing and it is so simple to make. Try this recipe out!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of pork chops. Adjust time as needed and cook until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
If you want to reduce sugar in this meal, feel free to use a sugar free BBQ sauce.
The cornstarch slurry is optional but it does help thicken the sauce.
Use your favorite BBQ seasoning, I used Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose seasoning.
This recipe calls for red onion but can be substituted with any type of onion.
If you don’t have or don’t like root beer, you can use Dr. Pepper.
- Pork chops
- BBQ seasoning I used Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose seasoning
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Root beer
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- season both sides of the pork chops with BBQ seasoning and add to a crockpot
- add sliced red onion to the crockpot
- in a separate bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, root beer, minced garlic, and Worcestershire sauce
- pour sauce over pork chops and onions
- cook on low for about 4 hours (cook until they reach an internal temp of at least 145 degrees) thicker pork chops may take longer
- once pork chops are finished cooking, mix 1 TBSP of cornstarch with a little bit of the bbq sauce mixture and pour into the crockpot
- let sit for about 30 minutes to let the sauce thicken a little bit
- Enjoy!! My family had this over mashed potatoes with green beans!