Chicken Parm Garlic Bread
Garlic Parm on Garlic Bread is a delicious dinner recipe the whole family enjoys! It is a fun twist on the traditional chicken parmesan sandwich!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
I used freshly shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for this recipe.
Always cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees.
Use your favorite jar of marinara/pasta sauce or you can make a homemade sauce.
Serve with roasted broccoli or Cesar salad!
Cooking the garlic bread on a wire rack helps it get nice and crispy!
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 box garlic bread
- Marinara/pasta sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour seasoned with some salt pepper, and garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Cook Garlic bread according to the directions on the package.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise in half to make them thinner. Then take each piece of chicken and cut it in half to have smaller pieces to work with. I cut mine into 8 pieces total.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in one container.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in another container.
- Mix together flour and seasoning (more salt, pepper, and garlic powder) in a third container.
- Coat chicken in the flour mixture, eggs, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken in the skillet for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from the heat.
- Add shredded mozzarella on top of garlic bread.
- Add chicken, marinara, and more mozzarella cheese.
- Put back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Top with dried parsley and serve with more of the marinara/pasta sauce for dipping!