Ground beef, cheese, potatoes, shredded lettuce, chopped onions and pickles all in one easy skillet meal!
If you’re craving a Big Mac but don’t want to hit up the drive thru, then this meal is for you! This Big Mac Potato Skillet has all of those same delicious flavors of the beloved Big Mac, but it feeds the whole family and you can cook it in the amount of time it would take you to drive there. The burger sauce adds a creaminess to the dish, while the lettuce, onions and pickles add that perfect crunch and freshness.
5 small/medium potatoes
olive oil + salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika (for potatoes)
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp each of paprika and onion powder
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese (any cheese is good in this)
Kinder’s Burger Sauce
HOW TO MAKE
If you want to make homemade burger sauce, I prefer to make the burger sauce before I start to make the main dish. To make this, just combine ½ cup of ketchup, ¼ cup of mayo, ⅛ cup of yellow mustard, and 1 tablespoon of sweet relish. Place in an airtight container and put in the fridge until you’re ready to use! For this recipe, I used Kinder’s Burger Sauce.
For the main dish, first wash and peel 5 medium sized potatoes and then cut them into cube sized pieces and place them into a bowl. Toss the potatoes with some olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. I don’t use exact measurements for the oil or seasonings. Once the potatoes are all coated in the oil and seasonings, cook them in the air fryer at 400ºF for about 20 minutes, making sure to shake them at least a couple times while they cook.
While the potatoes are cooking in the airfryer, brown 1 pound of ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in half of 1 chopped onion and season the beef with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon each of onion powder and paprika. Once the beef is finished cooking, drain any excess grease and add in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic to the skillet and stir.
Add the cooked potatoes and some burger sauce to the skillet and stir everything together. Top everything with 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and cover with a lid and let sit on the stove to let the cheese melt. Once the cheese has melted, top with 1 cup of shredded lettuce, the other half of the chopped onion, and as many chopped pickles as your heart desires, and some burger sauce!
Scoop a big spoonful onto each place and enjoy! This is one of those meals I could eat a couple times a week..it’s so good. My kids love it too and usually clean their plate with this recipe. The crispy potatoes combined with the burger sauce and tangy pickles are my favorite elements about this dish! I hope you enjoy!
HELPFUL TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I used Kinder’s Burger Sauce for this recipe, but you could use any you like!
This is my go to homemade burger sauce – 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/8 cup mustard, 2 TBSP sweet relish
I used shredded Colby Jack Cheese, but any cheese would be good in this!
There are no exact measurements for the pickles, just add as many as you and your family likes!
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 5 small/medium potatoes
- olive oil + salt pepper, garlic powder, and paprika (for potatoes)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of paprika and onion powder
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese any cheese is good in this
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped pickles
- Kinder’s Burger Sauce
- Peel, wash potatoes, and cut up into cubes.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika (I don’t use exact measurements for this part).
- Cook potatoes in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes shaking them around at least a couple times while they cook.
- Once potatoes are cooking, brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add half the chopped onion.
- Season ground beef with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Once beef is finished cooking drain any extra grease and add the minced garlic.
- Add cooked potatoes and some burger sauce to the skillet and stir everything together.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Broil in the oven for just a few minutes to melt the cheese (you could also cover with a lid and let this sit on the stove until cheese melts).
- Top with shredded lettuce, the other half of the chopped onion, pickles, and burger sauce.