Easy Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo is a delicious traditional dish that we love! The creamy, garlicky sauce is so yummy and the breaded chicken on top is just the perfect addition. If you’ve been to a big chain Italian restaurant lately and have seen the price for chicken Alfredo, there is no reason to pay that when you can make this at home for your whole family for much cheaper! We even prefer the taste way more when we make it at home! My kids love this meal too, which is always a win!
To make this delicious dish, start by boiling 10oz fettuccine noodles according to the directions on the box. Then, cut 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts into small pieces and season with a little bit each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Next, in a container, combine ½ cup of flour, 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Lightly coat each piece of chicken in the flour/seasoning mixture. I recommend getting a Better Breader Bowl, that I have listed below to make this coating process a breeze! After the chicken is coated, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook until it’s nice and golden brown and cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat, remove from the skillet.
Once the chicken has been removed from the skillet, it is time to make that delicious Alfredo sauce! To make this, add 1 stick of butter to your already hot skillet and melt on medium heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and stir well. Next, add 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream and stir continuously. Then, add ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the sauce. Next, add 1 ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and stir until it thickens. Before you drain your pasta, add in a little bit of the pasta water to the sauce. Once the Alfredo is to the consistency you like, add in your cooked fettuccine and chicken and stir until everything is combined.
Now that everything is combined and coated in that delicious and creamy sauce, it is time to serve! I always top each plate with extra Parmesan cheese and parsley to finish it off. Salad and bread sticks or garlic toast are always a solid choice to serve alongside this dish. Try making this yourself at home and see how much better it tastes than at a restaurant!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
The Better Breader Bowl makes the breading process so easy, I use it in so many recipes!
Jarred or fresh minced garlic may be used with the same results.
Make sure chicken is cooked to at least 165 degrees.
Adding a little bit of the pasta water into the sauce helps the sauce adhere to the pasta.
Use unsalted butter to lower the sodium contents if desired.
Freshly shredded Parmesan works best for this recipe.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 10 oz fettuccini
- 1 lb of chicken breast
- Salt Pepper, Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp each of salt pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- boil fettuccini following the directions on the box
- cut chicken into smaller pieces and season with a little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- in a container combine flour and 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- lightly coat chicken in flour/seasoning mixture
- in a skillet over medium high heat melt 2 TBSP of butter and 2 TBSP of olive oil
- cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through
- remove chicken from the skillet
- melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat and add minced garlic stirring well
- add heavy cream, stirring constantly
- add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- add 1 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese stirring until it thickens
- once Alfredo is to the consistency you like add cooked fettuccini and chicken and stir until well combined
- serve and top with Parmesan cheese and some parsley