Creamy pan Fried Pork Chops
Pan-fried creamy pork chops are the absolute perfect comfort meal! Creamy garlicky sauce coating a perfectly-crispy fried pork chop…there’s just not much more that I could ask for in a comfort meal! Another great thing about this recipe is that it only takes one pan! Save yourself some time during the dreaded clean-up after dinner by making this recipe!
To begin, I seasoned both sides of 4 pork chops with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. I don’t use exact measurements for this part! Just season to your liking. Next, in a bowl or the Better Breader Bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with a little bit more salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once again, just season this to your liking! Place the pork chops into the flour mixture and coat them evenly. Shake off any of the excess flour and next we will begin the frying process.
Once the pork chops are coated in the flour mixture, melt 2 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add in the pork chops to the skillet and fry until cooked through. When frying mine, I cooked for about 4 minutes on each side for the pork chops to be fully cooked through and to reach an internal temperature of at least 145º. You’re looking for that golden brown and crispy crust when they are finished frying. Pull the pork chops out of the skillet and set aside while we make the sauce.
To make the creamy sauce, add 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of flour to the already-hot skillet. Stir this well until it thickens up and the garlic becomes fragrant. While stirring continuously, add ½ cup of chicken broth and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the skillet. Season with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder and stir continuously until the sauce is smooth.
If you’re wondering what to serve with these pork chops…whip up some yummy mashed potatoes. They are the perfect side for this recipe! Lay down a heaping pile of mashed potatoes and add a crispy pork chop on top then pour that delicious creamy sauce over top! This is one of my favorite ways to make pork chops for my family. Everyone loves them and we tend to not have any leftovers! I hope you love these creamy pork chops as much as we do! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Pork needs to reach an internal temperature of at least 145º. I use a meat thermometer to check this.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes, a salad, or even some roasted broccoli would even be delicious with this recipe.
To make dredging food easier and less of a mess, check out the Better Breader Bowl, that you can find under the Favorite Products tab!
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your pork chops. It took mine 4 minutes per side to cook through.
- 4 pork chops
- Salt pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 TBSP of butter
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 2 TBSP of flour
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder paprika, and onion powder
- season both sides of pork chops with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- in a container combine 1 cup of flour with a little bit more salt, pepper, and garlic
- dredge pork chops in a flour mixture
- heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter and olive oil
- fry pork chops in a skillet until cooked (mine took about 4 minutes on each side and I checked the temp with a meat thermometer)
- remove pork chops from skillet once cooked
- in the hot skillet combine minced garlic and flour
- stir until that thickens, add chicken broth and heavy cream stirring continuously
- add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- add 1 tsp each of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder stirring constantly until smooth
- pour over pork chops and serve