Steak quesadillas are one of my favorite things to make out on my griddle!
These Steak Quesadillas are a delicious addition to your weekly dinner rotation to switch it up. The steak is juicy and tender and the veggies add the perfect crunch and freshness to balance out the cheesiness. The copycat Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette takes these to another level! Your whole family is sure to love these!
I first like to make the copycat Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette so the flavors can develop while it’s in the fridge. To make this you’re going to add all of the ingredients to a food processor except for the oil. Add 2 chipotle peppers, 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, ½ teaspoon each of salt, pepper and oregano, and ¼ teaspoon of cumin. Start to blend all of the ingredients together then slowly add in ⅔ cup of oil to the food processor. The key here is to add the oil very slowly so it emulsifies and creates the perfect consistency. Once all of the ingredients are blended together well, pour the sauce into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Now you’re ready to prepare the main star of this recipe…the steak quesadillas! Start by thinly slicing 1-2 top sirloin steaks against the grain and add them to a container. Pour some olive oil over top of the steak and add steak seasoning, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and ¼ cup of soy sauce to the container as well. My favorite steak seasoning to use is Montreal Steak Seasoning, but you can use your favorite! Stir this all together well and place the lid on the container and let marinate in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
Once the steak has been marinating in the fridge for a couple of hours, take the container out of the fridge and set aside. Next, cook 1 sliced onion and 2 sliced green peppers with 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet on the stove, or my favorite way, on a griddle over medium-high heat. Season the veggies with a little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder while they are cooking. Cook your steak over medium-high heat until cooked to your desired temperature. To build your quesadillas, lay down a flour tortilla and top that with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Add your steak, peppers, and onions on top with a little bit more shredded cheese and fold over the tortilla. Cook until the quesadillas are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Once the quesadillas are golden and that cheese is perfectly melty, they are ready to serve! Dip them in some sour cream and the copycat Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette for the perfect bite! These steak quesadillas are easy to make and taste so delicious. I love that they can be made differently for any picky eaters too. Don’t like onions? Just leave them off! Try this recipe out, I hope you love them!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Make the copycat Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette ahead of time so it is ready to go!
I love using my griddle to make these quesadillas, but if you don’t have one, you can just use your stove top with a couple of skillets.
Shred your own block of Monterery Jack cheese for a richer flavor and an easier melt! White cheddar cheese would also be delicious!
Use your favorite steak seasoning for the steak. I love using Montreal Steak Seasoning.
There are no exact measurements for the seasonings for the onions and peppers.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- Top Sirloin Steak 1-2 steaks, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 sliced green peppers
- Salt Pepper, and Garlic Powder
- 4 TBSP butter
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 2 Chipotle Peppers
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt pepper, oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup oil
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and add to a container.
- Make a marinade for the steak by adding some olive oil, steak seasoning, minced garlic, lime juice, and soy sauce to the steak.
- Stir well to combine and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours.
- Cook sliced onions and peppers in butter on a griddle or in a skillet over the stove over medium high heat. Season them with a little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook steak over medium high heat.
- To build quesadillas, lay down a flour tortilla and top with shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. Add steak, peppers, and onions on top. Add a little bit more shredded cheese and fold over the tortilla. Cook until quesadilla is golden brown.
- Dip in sour cream and the copy cat chipotle honey vinaigrette!
- Add all ingredients for vinaigrette to a food processor (except for the 2/3 cup of oil).
- Blend ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the oil a little bit at a time (adding it slowly will make sure it emulsifies and gets a good consistency).
- Blend together until everything is well combined.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.