How to Make Alfredo
Making Alfredo sauce at home is actually pretty easy and quick to do! This Alfredo Ravioli dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes and is one the whole family loves.
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
I suggest shredding your own block of parmesan cheese for this recipe for a better flavor.
Freshly minced garlic is best for this recipe, but jarred minced garlic may be used as well.
Add in some broccoli florets, peas or even some mushrooms for added flavor!
Fresh or frozen ravioli may be used.
Serve this meal with a salad and breadsticks or garlic bread.
If you like spice, add in some red pepper flakes to add some heat to this dish.
If you do not have heavy cream, half and half may be used for similar consistency.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley for garnish
- 19 oz of Ravioli fresh or frozen will work
- Boil ravioli following the directions on the package
- In a skillet over medium high heat add minced garlic
- Add heavy cream, stirring constantly
- Add butter
- Add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Add 1 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese stirring until it thickens
- Once Alfredo is to the consistency you like add cooked cooked ravioli (you can add a little pasta water if you need to)
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese and some parsley