This easy baked BBQ chicken is easy and delicious! The chicken topped with BBQ sauce, cheese, bacon, and green onions are so good!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
I used freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese for this recipe, but any shredded cheese would be good!
Always cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees.
I used Kinder’s Honey Hot BBQ Sauce, but you can use your favorite!
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 4 chicken breasts mine were thin
- 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Kinder’s Honey Hot BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Cooked Chopped Bacon
- Green Onions Chopped
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Top with enough BBQ sauce to cover the chicken.
- Top with shredded Colby Jack cheese and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked top with the chopped bacon and green onions.