Creamy Chicken & Gnocchi
Creamy chicken and Gnocchi is a one pan meal the whole family loves! My kids love this recipe which is always a win in my eyes. This is an easy recipe that you can make for yourself and your family in about 30 minutes.
2 large chicken breasts sliced into cubes
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP of minced garlic
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp each of oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes
1/3 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 pack of gnocchi
How To Make
Start by slicing up 2 large chicken breasts into cubes. Then, mix together ½ cup of flour, ½ teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder into a bowl or your Better Breader Bowl if you have one! I use mine all the time! Next, coat your chicken breasts in this flour mixture and shake off any excess flour.
Then, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet on medium heat and place the chicken into the skillet. Cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of at least 165º. Once the chicken is cooked through and you’re sure it won’t kill anybody, take it out of the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
Into the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, ⅓ cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Then, lower the heat and add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of parmesan cheese to the skillet. Stir frequently and then add in 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon each of oregano and thyme. Stir everything together well and let simmer.
Add one 19 oz package of Gnocchi to the skillet and cover and let cook for a few minutes. Once the gnocchi is nice and tender, add the chicken back into the skillet and stir until everything is coated in the delicious, creamy sauce.
Once you’re ready to serve this creamy chicken and gnocchi, dish out a big and heaping serving onto a plate or in a bowl! This meal goes perfectly with a big salad, roasted veggies and even some yummy garlic bread. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a review below!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Use freshly minced or jarred minced garlic.
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese works best for this recipe.
Make sure chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165º.
Use unsalted butter and unsalted chicken broth to lower the sodium content if desired.
Add in cooked crumbled bacon to this meal for added flavor if desired.
If you would like to add more spice to this dish, add in extra red pepper flakes.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced into cubes
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each of oregano thyme, and red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 pack of gnocchi
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Dredge chicken breasts into the flour/seasoning mixture (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder).
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium high heat.
- Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and it reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and put aside.
- Add garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and stir continuously.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme
- Stir together well and let simmer (I lower the heat to about medium low/low).
- Add one package of gnocchi, cover, and let cook for a 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi are cooked to your liking.
- Once gnocchi is tender add chicken back to the skillet and serve.