Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini
My family relies heavily on easy, simple, crockpot recipes for the busy workweek. This Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortellini is easy to throw together and doesn’t require much actual cooking!
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder
1 TBSP ranch seasoning
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 jar Alfredo Sauce
Cooked/chopped bacon (6 pieces)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
1 19 oz bag frozen tortellini
How to Make
To make this chicken bacon ranch tortellini you are going to get out your crockpot and spray it with cooking spray. Next, add chicken, all seasonings, minced garlic, and a jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce (I’ve recently really been liking the Rao’s Alfredo Sauce) to the crockpot.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Mine takes about 4 hours, but all crockpots cook differently so I recomend cooking until it reaches an internal temp of at least 165 degrees, or until you think it won’t kill anybody!
Shred the chicken or take it out of the crockpot and cut it up into small cubes. I personally like cubing up the chicken, but either works! Then add one bag of frozen cheese tortellini to the crockpot. Top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cooked crumbled bacon!
Cook on high for about 20-30 minutes, or until the tortellini is tender. I also like to stir a few times during this 30 minutes to make sure the tortellini is getting well combined in the sauce.
Once the tortellini is tender its ready to serve! We had this with garlic bread and some steamed mixed veggies to keep it easy, but a salad or some roasted vegetables would also be really good!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
I used freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese for this recipe, but really any cheese would be good.
Always cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees.
Use your favorite jar of Alfredo sauce.
Serve with garlic bread and some veggies or a salad.
I used frozen cheese tortellini, but I’m sure fresh tortellini would work just the same!
If you want the bacon to stay nice and crispy add it on right before serving.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper, paprika, and onion powder
- 1 TBSP ranch seasoning
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce
- Cooked/chopped bacon 6 pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used Monterey Jack
- 1 19 oz bag frozen tortellini
- Add 1 lb of chicken breasts to a crockpot.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and ranch seasoning.
- Add 1 TBSP of minced garlic and 1 jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Shred or cube up the chicken.
- Pour frozen tortellini into the crockpot.
- Add about a cup of shredded cheese and the chopped bacon.
- Cook on high until tortellini is tender. Mine took about 20-30 minutes. Stir a couple of times while it cooks to make sure the tortellini gets covered in sauce.