Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
This crockpot macaroni and cheese is easy and delicious! I love making this for get togethers, BBQ’s, or birthday parties! It’s nice prepping it and letting the crockpot do the work. It also stays nice and cheesy on low or warm in the crockpot.
16 oz of elbow macaroni noodles
3 cups of whole milk
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp each of paprika, garlic powder, and dry mustard
1 cup of sour cream
How To Make
To make this macaroni and cheese start by boiling elbow macaroni for about 3 minutes. This helps the pasta cook perfectly once it is in the crockpot. Drain macaroni and add it to a greased crockpot.
Next, add 3 cups of milk, all the shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dry mustard. Cook on low for about an hour. I like to stir at least a few times while this cooks!
After about an hour, add 1 cup of sour cream, stir well, and cook on low for about 30 minutes. Stir well and the creamy macaroni and cheese should be ready to serve!
I like serving this as a side to pulled pork, steak, or any kind of smoked meat! This makes a lot of macaroni and cheese so it is perfect for feeding a crowd!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to only boil the elbow macaroni for about 3 minutes before adding them to the crockpot. This will help make sure the pasta doesn’t get overcooked.
Shred your own block of cheddar and colby jack cheese. Trust me, the cheese melts creamier and I think it even has a richer flavor.
Be sure to stir a few times while this cooks in the crockpot.
If it doesn’t look as creamy add a little bit of milk and stir well.
Once the macaroni and cheese gets to the consistency you like, I would turn the crockpot on warm.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 16 oz of elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of paprika garlic powder, and dry mustard
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Boil macaroni for about 3 minutes and drain.
- Spray a crockpot with cooking spray.
- In a crockpot combine macaroni, milk, cheddar cheese, Colby Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dry mustard and paprika.
- Stir everything together and cook on low for at an hour (I stir a few times during this hour).
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream and cook for another 30 minutes.