One Pan Taco Spaghetti is an easy weeknight dinner recipe! Taco Spaghetti is a fun twist on two classic recipes! We all get burnt out from time to time on the traditional tomato sauce spaghetti flavors, so this recipe is great with the taco flavors and the delicious queso blanco! Your kids will be sure to love it too! It is all made in just one pan as well, which is perfect for when it’s your turn to do the dishes. One pan recipes are some of my favorites!
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 TBSP minced garlic
1/2 chopped bell pepper
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp each of cumin and dried cilantro
1 10 oz can Rotel (diced tomatoes & green Chilies)
1 1/2 cups beef broth
8 oz spaghetti
1 cup cubed white queso blanco
How To Make
This is also a very quick recipe to throw together when you’re short on time. To make this dish, start by browning 1 pound of ground beef in a skillet with some olive oil over medium heat. Add in one chopped onion and ½ of a bell pepper chopped and let them cook until they begin to soften.
Once the ground beef is nice and browned, drain any excess grease from the skillet and add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and season the meat with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon each of cumin and dried cilantro. You can also use a taco seasoning packet if preferred instead of the seasonings just listed.
Next add 1 can of Rotel and 1 ½ cups of beef broth to the skillet and mix well. Add 8 oz of spaghetti into the mixture and make sure the spaghetti is completely covered in the broth. Bring this to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, making sure to stir at least once during this time to make sure that the spaghetti doesn’t stick together.
Once the spaghetti noodles are cooked, add in 1 cup of cubed up the queso blanco Velveeta cheese and stir well. Once the cheese is nice and melted, top with some dried cilantro if desired, then you are ready to serve!
We love serving a big salad on the side for dinner to pair with this meal. The recipe is filling so we keep the side a bit lighter. The flavors of this meal are so yummy and comforting, you will be going back for seconds! This will feed the whole family and you will still probably have leftovers, which are even more delicious the next day! Stay out of the drive-thru and make this delicious meal instead. I hope you enjoy it!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find Rotel, you can use a can of fire roasted tomatoes.
If you love a little spice in your meals, top with your favorite hot sauce!
A taco seasoning packet may be used instead of salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and dried cilantro, if desired. I like to use my own seasonings to help cut back on sodium levels wherever I can.
Cube up the Velveeta cheese in small cubes so it will melt quicker.
Jalapeño peppers would be a great addition to this recipe. Throw 1 chopped Jalapeño into the skillet as you’re cooking the onion and bell pepper.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each of cumin and dried cilantro
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes & green Chilies
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 cup cubed white queso blanco
- Get your skillet over medium heat and add in your ground beef to let it start to brown.
- Next, you're going to add a chopped onion and bell pepper to the skillet and let that cook until the veggies start to soften.
- Drain any excess grease from the pan and season with taco seasoning and minced garlic. You can use a taco seasoning packet or the seasonings I have listed above.
- Add a can of Rotel (Diced tomatoes with green chiles) and the beef broth to the skillet.
- Stir that well and add 8 oz of spaghetti. Use a spatula to push the pasta down into the liquid. Be sure the spaghetti is completely covered in the beef broth.
- Bring that to a boil, lower the heat, and let cook 12-15 minutes stirring at least once to make sure the spaghetti doesn’t all stick together.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked add 1 cup of cubed Velveeta and stir well.