Creamy Pan Fried Chicken
Creamy Pan Fried Chicken is the ultimate comfort food! This was what I made my wife for Mother’s Day dinner and the whole family loved it. The crispy chicken drenched in the creamy garlic sauce was perfect. We served the pan fried chicken over mashed potatoes with corn and a salad.
1 lb chicken breast
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 cup of flour
2 TBSP of butter
2 TBSP of olive oil
2 TBSP of minced garlic
2 TBSP of flour
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp each of garlic powder, smoked paprika, and onion powder
How to Make
To make the creamy pan fried chicken, start with one pound of chicken breasts. You want to butterfly cut the chicken, so it is thinner. The chicken will be seasoned on each side with a little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I don’t use exact measurements for this part!
Next, combine one cup of flour in a container with more salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat with olive oil and butter. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken to the skillet. Cook the chicken on each side until golden brown and it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Once chicken is cooked remove from the pan and set aside.
Add some minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of flour to the hot skillet. Stir this until it starts to thicken. Next, add one cup of chicken broth and heavy whipping cream stirring continuously.
Add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper, 1 tsp each of smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk together until smooth. If it thickens too much you can add a little extra chicken broth.
To serve, we served the chicken over mashed potatoes and poured the sauce over the top. This would also be good over rice or pasta. Top with dried parsley and enjoy!
This pan fried chicken was perfect over mashed potatoes with some canned corn and a salad!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Always cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a salad or some roasted vegetables.
I used smoked paprika in this recipe, but if you don’t like smoked paprika regular paprika would be fine.
Jarred garlic or freshly minced garlic can be used in this recipe.
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other similar recipes.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 TBSP of butter
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 2 TBSP of flour
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder smoked paprika, and onion powder
- Butterfly cut chicken breasts and season both sides of chicken with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a container combine 1 cup of flour with a little bit more salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Dredge chicken breast in flour/seasoning mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter and olive oil.
- Fry chicken in the skillet until both sides are golden brown and chicken reaches an internal temp of at least 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet once cooked.
- In the hot skillet combine minced garlic and flour.
- Stir until that thickens, add chicken broth and heavy cream stirring continuously.
- Add 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tsp each of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and serve.