We buy a 1/4 cow just about every year, so we are always looking for ways to use ground beef! This cheesy egg noodle bake is an easy weeknight dinner recipe the whole family enjoys.
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tsp each of Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 24 oz jar marinara/pasta sauce
1 12 oz bag egg noodles
1 cup sour cream
1 cup ricotta
1/2 block (4oz) cream cheese (softened)
1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
Shredded Colby Jack cheese
How to make
To make this cheesy egg noodle bake, start by browning a pound of ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Add a chopped onion and the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Drain any extra grease from the meat.
While the ground beef is cooking boil a 12 oz bag of egg noodles according to the directions on the package.
Once the ground beef is browned, stir in a 24oz jar of pasta sauce. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer.
Next, in a bowl add 1 cup each of ricotta and sour cream, and 1/2 block of cream cheese. I also like to add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese to this mixture. Drain the egg noodles and add them to the bowl stirring well to make sure they are coated in the cheese mixture.
Grease a 9×13 baking dish and add half the cheesy egg noodles. Top the noodles with half of the pasta sauce and ground beef mixture. Repeat the layers by adding more egg noodles, ground beef/pasta sauce, and then top it with shredded Colby Jack cheese. Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese would also be good on this!
This cheesy egg noodle bake will bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Once it’s time to eat top with some dried parsley and serve!
We keep sides super simple around here, but I served this with some steamed veggies. Any kind of salad or roasted vegetables would also be good!
If you like this recipe, check out my other similar recipes.
HELPFUL TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This recipe is not spicy but since there are red pepper flakes in it, if you would like you can leave them out. On the other hand if you would like it to be more spicy, add in some more!
Freshly minced garlic or jarred minced garlic both work well for this recipe.
As always, I prefer to shred my own blocks of cheese! It melts quicker and is more creamy.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator to be enjoyed for a couple of days.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of Italian seasoning paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 24 oz jar marinara/pasta sauce
- 1 12 oz bag egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 block 4oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Brown ground beef and a chopped onion in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Drain any extra fat from the grease.
- Boil egg noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Once meat is browned add a jar of pasta sauce and turn heat down to low to simmer.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, ricotta, cream cheese, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Pour cooked egg noodles into the bowl of cheeses and stir well to combine.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and pour half the egg noodles into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour half the ground beef/pasta sauce mixture on top.
- Add the last of the egg noodles and then the pasta sauce to the baking dish.
- Top with shredded Colby Jack cheese. Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese would also be good!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with dried parsley flakes and enjoy!!