Kielbasa Foil PAcket
These kielbasa foil packets are a family favorite! Kielbasa, potatoes, green peppers, onion, and corn are what I used in mine, but the options are really endless! Other than having to chop all the veggies these come together pretty quickly.
3-4 medium sized russet potatoes
1 pack of kielbasa sausage
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green bell pepper
2-3 ears of corn sliced into smaller rounds
Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
Butter thinly sliced
How to Make
To make these kielbasa foil packets, start by chopping all the veggies and kielbasa. Scrub and chop potatoes into smaller pieces. The green pepper and onion will also get chopped. For the corn, I like to slice it into smaller rounds of corn so they cook through pretty quickly. Last, slice the kielbasa up pretty thin. Honestly, all the chopping is the hardest part of these foil packets!
Next, lay out a couple of pieces of aluminum foil and spray the foil lightly with cooking spray. Add the chopped potatoes, green pepper, onion, corn, and kielbasa on top of the aluminum foil.
Add a couple of pats of butter on top and season well with Slap Ya Mama seasoning. If you don’t have this or don’t want something spicy salt, pepper, and garlic powder is also good!
Finally to finish these up, fold and wrap up the aluminum foil tightly bringing all the seams together.
I like to cook these on my grill on medium heat for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes and corn are tender. I suggest checking them around 25 minutes and cooking longer if needed.
Once these are cooked unwrap the foil carefully. These are pretty hot and can release quite a bit of steam.
I topped mine with some Asian zing wing sauce and it was so good! My wife and kids had theirs with some Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce.
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Any seasonings can really be used in these!
I used Kielbasa sauce, but you could make them healthier by using turkey or chicken sausage.
Eat as is or top with your favorite sauce.
I like this combo of veggies, but this is a great meal to use up whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
Butter or olive oil can be used in this recipe.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 3-4 medium sized russet potatoes
- 1 pack of kielbasa sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2-3 ears of corn sliced into smaller rounds
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Butter thinly sliced
- Scrub potatoes and chop into smaller pieces. Chop onion, bell pepper, corn, and kielbasa.
- Lay out a couple of pieces of aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, onion, bell pepper, corn, and kielbasa on top of the aluminum foil.
- Add a couple of pats of butter on top.
- Season well with Slap Ya Mama seasoning.
- Fold and bring together the seams of the aluminum foil tightly.
- Cook foil packets on a grill over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until potatoes and corn are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy! We had these with some Asian Zing sauce and BBQ sauce.