Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
If your family is anything like mine, you need to have a variety of quick and easy meals on hand to make in a pinch. Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches and quesadillas have been a go-to meal of mine for years now. Everything cooks in the crockpot and it doesn’t include many ingredients!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Use freshly minced garlic or jarred minced garlic for this recipe.
When adding the BBQ sauce, I just eyeball this part. You may add as much as you would like, but I usually just add enough to cover the chicken. You can always add more when you shred the chicken.
I like adding a red onion to this recipe, but you can use any onions you have or even leave it out if desired.
Always cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 TBSP ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- BBQ Sauce I usually use Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Spray a crockpot with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, onions, minced garlic, vinegar, and all the seasonings to a crockpot.
- Add some BBQ sauce on top. I don't use exact measurements for this part. I usually just do enough to cover the chicken, but you can really use as much as you'd like.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken, stir well, and add a little bit more BBQ sauce if needed.
- Make quesadillas with shredded cheese, or sandwiches on your favorite bread or sliders and serve.