Marry Me chicken tortellini
We all know and love Marry Me Chicken, (if you don’t, you’re missing out!) and now you can get that same delicious flavor but with tortellini! I love finding ways to take meals that my family already loves and making new and exciting meals with them! My kids love this recipe too which is always a win in my eyes. This is an easy recipe that you can make for yourself and your family in about 30 minutes or less.
To make this Marry Me Chicken Tortellini, start by slicing up 2 large chicken breasts into cubes. Then, mix together ½ cup of flour, ½ teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder into a bowl or your Better Breader Bowl if you have one! I use mine all the time, I have it linked below if you want to grab one! Next, coat your chicken breasts in this flour mixture and shake off any excess flour. Then, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet on medium heat and place the chicken into the skillet. Cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of at least 165º. Once the chicken is cooked through, take it out of the skillet and set it aside on a plate.Into the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, ⅓ cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Then, lower the heat and add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of parmesan cheese to the skillet. Stir frequently and then add in 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon each of oregano and thyme. Stir everything together well and let simmer. Add in one 19 oz bag of frozen tortellini to the skillet and cover and let cook for a few minutes. Once the tortellini is nice and tender, add the chicken back into the skillet and stir until everything is coated in the delicious, creamy sauce.
Once you’re ready to serve this Marry Me Chicken and Tortellini , dish out a big and heaping serving onto a plate or in a bowl! This meal goes perfectly with a big salad, roasted veggies and even some yummy garlic bread. If you’re like me and can’t get enough of Marry Me Chicken, add this tortellini version to your weekly meal rotation! Everyone will love this one!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
To make breading chicken a breeze, use the Better Breader Bowl that I have linked below from Amazon.
Use freshly minced or jarred minced garlic.
Make sure chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165º.
Use unsalted butter and unsalted chicken broth to lower the sodium content if desired.
Add in cooked crumbled bacon to this meal for added flavor if desired.
If you would like to add more spice to this dish, add in extra red pepper flakes.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced into cubes
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp each of oregano and thyme
- 1/3 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 19 oz bag of frozen tortellini
- mix together flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika
- dredge chicken breasts into the flour/seasoning mixture(salt,pepper,paprika,garlic powder)
- in a skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium heat
- cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and reaches 165 degrees
- take the chicken out of the skillet and put it aside
- add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken broth to the skillet
- lower heat and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese
- add the red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme
- stir together well and let simmer
- add one bag of frozen tortellini, cover, and let cook for a few minutes
- once the tortellini is tender add the chicken back to the skillet and serve