Easy Roast Beef Sliders
These roast beef sliders are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
ROAST BEEF SLIDERS
Roast beef sliders are one of my all-time favorite foods. They are the perfect combination of savory and satisfying, with tender slices of roast beef, melted cheese, and a sweet and tangy sauce, all sandwiched between soft, fluffy sweet Hawaiian rolls.
Roast beef sliders are incredibly versatile. They can be served as an appetizer, a main course, or even as a snack. They are perfect for parties, game nights, or just a casual dinner at home. You can dress them up with fancy toppings like caramelized onions, (or simple crispy fried onions in this recipe), my personal favorite horseradish, or keep them simple with just a slice of cheese and some sauce. The possibilities are endless!
These roast beef sliders are super easy to make. All you need is some roast beef, cheese, sweet Hawaiian rolls, and ingredients for the sauce, and you’re ready to go. You can even use leftover roast beef from a previous meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to make a batch of sliders, making them a perfect meal option for busy weeknights.
I can’t express enough just how are incredibly flavorful these roast beef sliders are. The tender, juicy beef pairs perfectly with the gooey melted cheese and the tangy Worcestershire sauce. The buns are soft, sweet, and fluffy, providing the perfect texture to complement the filling. Each bite is a burst of flavor that leaves me wanting more.
To make these sliders you honestly don’t need many ingredients. You will need a package of Kings Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls. You will need about half a pound of your favorite thinly sliced roast beef and some slices of Provolone cheese. For the topping sauce, you need ½ stick of butter and one packet of Au Jus gravy and some Worcestershire sauce. Some garlic powder, onion powder, sesame seeds, and crispy fried onions round these sliders out with excellent flavor and texture.
Basically, if you can assemble a sandwich, you can make these sliders. Start by melting ½ stick of butter in the microwave and add 1 tablespoon of the Au Jus gravy packet into the butter. Stir in ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of onion powder, ½ teaspoon of sesame seeds, and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce to the butter mixture and set aside while you begin assembling the sliders.
Take the Kinds Hawaiian rolls out of the package and cut them in half. Place the bottoms into a greased baking dish. Add a layer of provolone cheese slices to the bottom of the rolls. Take the ½ pound (or more) of your favorite thinly sliced roast beef and layer that on top of the cheese. Add one more layer of provolone cheese on top of the roast beef. Sprinkle on as many crispy fried onions on top as you like. Place the tops of the Haiwian rolls onto the sliders. Brush the tops of the sliders with the butter and seasoning mixture. Add some sesame seeds on top to give them some extra flair!
The rolls go into a 350-degree oven for around 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown. While the sliders bake, combine 2 cups of cold water with the rest of the Au Jus gravy pack and follow the directions to make some awesome Au Jus for dipping!
These sliders remind me of family gatherings, holiday meals, and lazy weekends spent with friends. Eating them brings back happy memories and fills me with a sense of warmth and nostalgia and only takes 30 minutes of preparation and cooking.
Finally, enjoy the fruits of your labor. Sit down with your sliders and savor the flavors and textures. Take pride in the fact that you could create something delicious despite a busy schedule. And, if there are leftovers, pack them up for lunch the next day – this way, you can continue to enjoy your sliders even when you’re back to your busy routine.
Being busy doesn’t have to mean we have to sacrifice the things we love, such as cooking or sliders. With a little planning, time management, and creativity, it’s possible to make delicious food even during a busy schedule. So go ahead, make those sliders, and enjoy the delicious rewards of your efforts.
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Use your favorite roast beef for this recipe.
I used provolone cheese, but you can really use any cheese you like.
Serve this with a salad, fries, potato salad, or chips!
- 1 package of Kings Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 lb of roast beef
- Provolone cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 TBSP Au Jus Gravy Packet + the rest of the packet for the Au Jus
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder onion powder, and sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add 1 TBSP of Au Jus packet.
- Season the melted butter with garlic powder, onion powder, sesame seeds, Worcestershire, stir well, and set that to the side.
- Cut your Hawaiian rolls in half and put the bottoms into a greased baking dish.
- Next, add a layer of provolone cheese to the Hawaiian rolls.
- Layer your roast beef over the top of the provolone.
- Add another layer of provolone cheese over the top of the roast beef and sprinkle on as many crispy fried onions as you’d like!
- Place the tops of the Hawaiian rolls over those crispy onions and brush the tops with the butter/seasoning mixture.
- Sprinkle some additional sesame seeds over the top of the melted butter to make them look extra fancy!
- These are going to bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
- While they are baking combine 2 cups of cold water with the rest of the Au Jus Gravy Packet following the directions on the package to make Au Jus for dipping.