These steak and fajita veggie nachos are easy, delicious, filling, and only take 20-30 minutes to make!
1-2 Ribeye steaks (Skirt steak is another good option)
2 Peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
Montreal steak seasoning
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
1 jar Monterey Queso
Shredded cheddar cheese
Pico de Gallo
Any other favorite nacho toppings
How To Make
To make these steak and fajita veggie nachos, start by slicing an onion and two bell peppers. Season the veggies with some olive oil and salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I don’t use exact measurements for this.
Pour the peppers and onions into an air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 6-7 minutes.
While the peppers and onions start cooking, slice your steak into thin slices. I used Ribeye steaks this time, but skirt steak is also a good option.
Season sliced steak in a bowl with olive oil and a generous amount of steak seasoning. You can use any steak seasoning you have for this, but I used Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Once the peppers have cooked for about 6 minutes they won’t be quite finished yet, but go ahead and pour the sliced steak into the air fryer with the veggies.
Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes or until everything is cooked to your liking.
While the steak and veggies finish cooking, pour tortilla chips onto a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and some queso.
I used a Monterey jack jarred queso, but any queso will work. The chips and cheese will cook in the oven at 375 degrees just until the cheese is nice and melted.
Once the cheese is melted, pour the cooked steak and veggies over the top of the nachos. I like to also add a little bit more warmed queso over the top.
Next, top with any of your favorite nacho toppings! I topped these with some sour cream and fresh Pico de Gallo.
If you like this recipe, check out my other similar recipes.
HELPFUL TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I used a red and green bell pepper, but any color bell pepper will work.
Ribeye steak or skirt steak are good options for these nachos!
I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and steak seasoning, but you can use any of your favorite seasonings!
Make sure not to slice the onions too thin or a few may fall through to the bottom of the air fryer.
Slicing onions and peppers about the same size will also help them cook evenly.
If you like steak more on the medium side, definitely check the steak after cooking for 5 minutes and cook longer if needed.
If you don’t have an air fryer I would cook the steak and veggies in a skillet!
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1-2 Ribeye steaks
- 2 Peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper, garlic powder
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 jar Monterey Queso
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Any other favorite nacho toppings
- Slice peppers and onions. Season with a little bit of olive oil and salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour veggies into an air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes.
- Slice steak into thin slices and season with olive oil and a generous amount of steak seasoning.
- Once veggies are partially cooked add the steak to the air fryer with the peppers and onions.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 5-7 more minutes or until everything is cooked to your liking.
- While the steak and veggies are cooking, pour tortilla chips onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and some queso. You can add as much as you like!
- Put these in the oven at 375 degrees just until the cheese is melted.
- Top chips with the peppers, onions, and steak from the air fryer.
- I like to top with a little bit more warm queso.
- Serve with all of your favorite nacho toppings. I topped mine with sour cream and some fresh Pico de Gallo!