Marry Me Chicken is a dinner the whole family loves! Chicken breasts in a creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. This is great served over buttered pasta, white rice, or even mashed potatoes!
How To Make Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken is one of those recipes that you can eat weekly which we definitely do in our house! The delicious chicken mixed with the creamy garlic and parmesan sauce with delicious sun dried tomatoes makes the absolute perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! You can make this dish in under about 30 minutes which is always a win after a busy day! This is one of my all time favorite meals!
To make this well loved dish, start by slicing 2 large chicken breasts into 4 thinner cutlets and set aside on a plate. In a shallow bowl or plate, mix together ½ cup of flour, and ½ teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Next, dredge each piece of chicken into the flour and seasoning mixture making sure to shake off excess flour and set aside on a plate. Next, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet on medium heat. Then, cook chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165º. Once the chicken is finished cooking, transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 2 tablespoons of minced garlic to the skillet and stir frequently, then deglaze the pan with 1 cup of chicken broth and stir. Lower the heat to simmer and add in 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of parmesan cheese to the skillet. Next, as your sauce is thickening, add in 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon each of oregano and thyme and the ⅓ cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes. Stir well and simmer until it reaches the desired thickness. Finally, place chicken back into the skillet with the creamy sauce until chicken is warmed through and you’re ready to serve.
We served this Marry Me Chicken over pasta and it was so delicious! This recipe also pairs well with buttered noodles, white rice, and even mashed potatoes and a side of roasted broccoli! This dish is definitely a staple in our house and the whole family loves it, even picky kids! This recipe makes a perfect comfort meal that you will come back to time and time again. Make this dinner for your spouse and let them remember why they married you in the first place! I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Try it out and let me know how you like it!
Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Serve over pasta, white rice or even mashed potatoes!
This would also pair well with a side of roasted broccoli, Caesar salad or even garlic bread.
Top with extra parmesan cheese if desired.
Fresh or jarred minced garlic may be used.
Use unsalted butter to cut down on sodium content if desired.
If desired, add cooked bacon to this dish for added flavor!
If you love extra spicy meals, feel free to add in extra red pepper flakes.
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced into 4 thinner cutlets
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp each of oregano and thyme
- 1/3 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- mix together flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika
- dredge chicken breasts into the flour/seasoning mixture(salt,pepper,paprika,garlic powder)
- in a skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium heat
- cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and it reaches 165 degrees
- take the chicken out of the skillet and put aside
- add garlic and chicken broth to the skillet
- lower heat and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese
- add the rest of the seasonings and sun dried tomatoes
- continue cooking and stirring until desired thickness
- Enjoy! We ate this over pasta and it was so good!