Sloppy Joe’s have always been a family favorite. They are fairly cheap and easy to make, but to switch up the flavors I like making them on Garlic Bread Toast instead of putting it on buns. The garlic bread takes it to a whole other level!
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper,
1 tsp onion powder, and paprika
1 TBSP minced garlic
1-2 TBSP Worcestershire
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of ketchup
1 TBSP of mustard
2 TBSP of bbq sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 count box of garlic bread toast
How to make
To make Sloppy Joe’s on garlic bread, start by cooking the garlic bread in the oven following the directions on the box. I do like to cook these on a rack to help get them a little bit crunchier than they normally would be, but this part is totally optional.
Once that is in the oven, start by browning a pound of ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Add a chopped onion and the salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Drain any extra grease from the meat.
Once the ground beef is browned, add the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce. Stir well, turn the heat to down to low, and let simmer on the stove.
Once garlic bread is cooked, top with the sloppy joe mixture and some shredded cheddar cheese. Put these back in the oven until the cheese is melted!
We keep sides super simple around here, but I served this with some macaroni and cheese and green beans. My air fryer potatoes, salad, or some kind of roasted vegetable would also be good!
If you like this recipe, check out my other similar recipe.
Disclosure: Cooking in the Midwest participates in affiliate advertising programs. I may earn a commission when you make qualifying purchases through my website.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper,
- 1 tsp onion powder and paprika
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1-2 TBSP Worcestershire
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 TBSP of mustard
- 2 TBSP of bbq sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 count box of garlic bread toast
- Bake garlic bread in the oven following the directions on the package. I use a box that has an 8 count.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet and add all seasonings.
- Add minced garlic, Worcestershire, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, and bbq sauce.
- Let simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add sloppy joe mix on top of the baked garlic bread.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese on top and put them back in the oven to melt the cheese.