It’s finally football season, and nothing goes better with football than Crockpot Sausage Cheese Dip! Need an appetizer that everyone loves with only a few ingredients? This crockpot sausage cheese dip is super easy to prepare! The creamy Velveeta melts into a yummy cheese sauce that even the pickiest eaters love, and the addition of sausage makes it a hearty and filling snack!
- 1 lb sausage (I use mild country sausage)
- 1 block (32oz) Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 2 cans of Rotel (Mexican Style Lime & Cilantro is my favorite for this recipe)
- 4 oz diced green chiles
Make Crockpot Sausage Dip
First, brown the sausage until it is cooked through (no pink). While the sausage is cooking, add the block of velveeta to the crockpot and turn on low.
Then, open the cans of Rotel and diced green chilies. Drain the sausage on paper towels, add it to the crock pot, and finally add the cans of Rotel and green chilies. Cook on high for 2 hours.
Stir every hour or so until the velveeta is melted and creamy! Once the cheese is all melted turn the crockpot to warm so the cheese doesn’t burn.
Serve Sausage Cheese Dip
My family loves to eat this tasty dip with Cool Ranch Doritos, but any tortilla chips will work. If your family and friends are veggie lovers, serve this with carrots, sweet bell peppers, or celery sticks!
If you like this recipe check out some of my other appetizers perfect for game day or any get-together!
- Potato Skins
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Popper Wontons
- Garlic Bread Meatball Subs
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- No crockpot? No problem! You can make this on the stove or in the microwave, but it will be harder to keep warm.
- In a hurry? Cut the velveeta block into smaller cubes and it will melt faster. You can cook this on high, but keep an eye on it and turn it to low as soon as the cheese is melted. Velveeta will burn if left on high too long.
- Want more of a kick? Use hot sausage or hot Rotel for a different flavor. My favorite is the Mexican Style Lime and Cilantro, but the hot definitely adds a higher level of heat.
- I use Velveeta Queso Blanco because I think it is the best tasting and creamiest of the Velveeta line of cheeses.
- Any variation of Rotel (Diced tomatoes and Green Chilies) can be used for this recipe.
- 1 Crockpot
- 1 lb sausage I use mild country sausage
- 32 oz Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 2 cans of Mexican Style Lime & Cilantro Rotel
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease well on paper towels.
- Add all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours stirring at least once or twice. Once everything is melted turn the crockpot to warm.